This one dish chicken meal is embarrassingly simple to make, yet looks suitably impressive. You will get a flavourful natural jus in the dish at the end - perfect for mopping up with some crusty bread or crispy roast potatoes.
Buy the products
- 1.4kg Goosnargh chicken
- 500g Chantenay carrots
- 250g cherritta tomatoes
- 2 sweet pointed peppers
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- Freshly ground salt
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare the chicken by rubbing all over with some thyme leaves, ground salt and olive oil.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the chicken cavity and place inside along with some sprigs of thyme and a couple of garlic cloves.
- Halve the pointed peppers and remove the seeds. Quarter the red onion.
- Place the chicken in a large ovenproof dish. Place the remainder of the ingredients around the chicken, and drizzle with olive oil and squeeze over the remainder of the lemon.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes.