A chilled bowl of soba noodles is considered a refreshing snack in Japan. This salad version is bulked up with crunchy broad beans, juicy mango and slivers of rare veal.
Buy the products
- 2 veal loin escalopes
- 125g soba noodles
- 250g broad beans
- 1 mango
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tsps miso paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- Olive oil
- Marinate the veal in 1 tbsp miso paste, 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp rice wine. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the soba noodles according to the instructions on the pack, and run under cold water to stop from cooking further. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Shell the broad beans and blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Remove the skin of the mango and slice into thin slivers.
- Chop the spring onions into fine diagonal slices.
- Flash fry the veal in olive oil on high heat for 1 minute either side. Set aside to rest.
- Prepare a salad dressing from 1 tbsp miso paste, 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tsp sugar.
- Slice the veal into small pieces, and toss with all the other ingredients and the salad dressing.