1. To begin, remove the chicken thighs from the packaging then using a sharp knife, cut each thigh into two even pieces, creating 16 in total.
2. Marinade the chicken in the buttermilk (this can be replaced with natural loose yoghurt) for a minimum 1 hour or overnight.
3. Remove the chicken pieces from the buttermilk, removing excess then dredge through the spiced flour mix.
4. Place on a rack and leave to sit for 15 to 20 minutes to set.
5. Heat oil in a large deep skillet pan no more than a third full or deep fryer to 160°C or until a piece of bread starts to fry golden.
6. Fry the chicken in small batches until golden brown and thoroughly cooked (approximately 4 minutes each side with a core temperature of no less than 72°C) then drain thoroughly on kitchen paper.
7. Keep warm in a preheated oven set on 150°C whilst you fry the remaining chicken.
How To Cook Hanger Steak With Sauté Potatoes And Béarnaise butter
How To Cook One Pot Roast Chicken, Fragrant Rice And Tender Leeks
How To Cook Sweet Glazed Chorizo
How To Cook Smoked Pulled Pork with Hirata Buns And Asian Style Pickles
How To Cook Heritage Breed Sausages, Puy Lentils and Sweet Peppers
How To Cook a BBQ Spice Rubbed Beef Chop
How To Cook BBQ Spice Rubbed Chicken Breast, Burnt Leeks and Watercress
How To Cook BBQ Spice Rubbed Flat Iron Steak with Charred Vegetables
How To Cook BBQ Spice Rubbed Pork Loin
How To Make Lamb Houmous
How To Cook Pork, Apple & Fennel Sausage, Bean, Tomato and Spinach Tray Bake
How To Make Chipotle Rubbed Sirloin Steak Tacos Mexican Style