Free Standard Weekday Delivery Over £50
Over 27,000 Reviews ☆☆☆☆☆
1. Remove steaks from packaging & chiller 1 hour before cooking.
2. Soften the shallots in the bone marrow or butter until soft over a gentle heat.
3. Cool then fold through mustards, lemon & parsley & reserve.
4. Pre heat a griddle or heavy based frying pan large enough to hold the meat until it sizzles when you add a drop of oil.
5. Season the steak liberally with sea salt just prior to cooking & massage with a little goose or duck fat.
6. Sear the steak on all sides over high heat creating a rich, dark crust then reduce to medium heat
7. Cook 3 to 4 minutes each side basting the steak with foaming butter for the final couple of minutes of cooking.
8. For a rare steak, press the steak with your thumb it should have a slight spring to touch & a core temperature of 50°C before resting.
9. Alternatively you can pop the steak into a preheated oven (after the initial charring steps) 200°C /180°C fan assisted (gas 6) for 6-8 minutes.
10. Top with the bone marrow melt then leave to rest in a warm place for half the cooking time before serving.