There are so many ways to eat potatoes, and as a staple it is hard to imagine not having potatoes in some form with your Sunday Roast or even a quick week night meal family. The most popular being mashed potato. Plain, flavoured with mustard or cheese add a touch of luxury.
- Mashing potatoes
- Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes.
- Cut to an even size.
- Cook in salted water for approx.25-30mins.
- Drain off water well, and release the steam.
- Pass through a moulie or mash with a potato masher.
- Return the potatoes to clean pan.
- Add butter and warm milk and mix with a wooden spoon until soft consistency is reached.
- Season to taste.
- You may like to add different flavours, at this point, to suit your dish. For example cheese, mustard etc.