Beetroots are packed with vitamin A, iron, folic acid, potassium and magnesium and help to lower blood pressure. This is the recipe for you if you’re feeling anaemic and tired.
Buy the products
- 4 red beetroots
- 12 baby golden beetroots
- 30g basil baby leaves
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 250g Italian buffalo mozzarella
- Balsamic vinegar
- Trim the stalks off the beetroots but do not peel.
- Wrap the red and golden beetroots snugly in separate foil parcels, with 1 tbsp of water added to each parcel, then roast in an oven preheated to 190C for one hour.
- You will know the beetroots are roasted when a sharp knife cuts through with no resistence. Wait for the beetroots to cool, then gently rub each beetroot under running cold water to peel off the skin.
- This next step is optional. Slice the red beetroots into halves and cover with balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Leave overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Serve the salad by laying out thinly sliced red beetroot on a flat plate, interspersed with the whole golden beetroots, shredded mozzarella and scattered with baby basil and pumpkin seeds.