This simple salad makes for an easy dinner party starter. The bitter edge of radicchio is tempered with a mixture of salt and sweet - goat’s cheese and caramelised apricots.
Buy the products
- 1 radicchio lettuce
- 125g goat’s cheese
- 4 large apricots, quartered
- handful of rocket
- handful of pea shoots
- 25g butter
- 2 tsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cut the radicchio into quarters.
- Brush with 1 tsp olive oil and scatter with salt.
- Grill under high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up 25g butter in a saucepan and toss in the apricot pieces.
- After about 5 minutes, mix the balsamic vinegar and honey well in a separate bowl, and add to the pan.
- Saute for a further 10 minutes until the apricots are slightly caramelised.
- Serve the warm radicchio quarters with crumbled goat’s cheese and the warm apricots on a bed of rocket and pea shoots.
- Drizzle with the jus from the pan.