Grapefruit replaces pomelo in this colourful, refreshing and healthy Thai salad.
- 1 x Ruby red grapefruit, segmented and removed from the white pith
- 20 x Raw, unshelled king prawns
- 1 x Finely chopped bird’s eye chilli, more if desired
- 1/2 Cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 Red onion, finely chopped
- 2 x Garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 x Red chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- Handful of crushed peanuts
- Lime juice
- Fish sauce
- Fresh coriander, leaves only
- Toast the desiccated coconut in a baking tray in the oven for about 10 minutes at 160C, or until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently sautee the red onion, garlic and chilli until soft. Take off the heat and mix in the coconut milk.
- Boil the prawns and leave to cool.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together by hand, adding lime juice and fish sauce to taste.
- Serve immediately.