Tangy and sweet, you can have this dish as a dessert or appetizer. It will delight your dinner guests.
- 8 x Peaches
- 16 x Basil leaves
- 30g Caster sugar
- 40g Butter
- Juice of 4 lemons and the zest of 1 lemon
- 10ml olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees/gas mark 8.
- Cut a cross in the top of each peach.
- Place the peaches in an ovenproof dish, then place knob of butter on each one, sprinkle with the sugar and basil, reserving 3 or 4 leaves.
- Mix half the lemon juice with the oil, lemon zest and 100ml of water.
- Pour the mixture over the peaches and place the dish in the oven for 25 minutes, basting every 5 minutes.
- Once the peaches are cooked, remove them from the dish and keep warm.
- Add the remaining lemon juice, place it over a high heat and reduced the liquid to a syrup.
- Add 2-3 grinds of pepper, the remaining basil and 1tablespoon of olive oil.
- Process the syrup with a hand blender and popur over the peaches to serve.
Source: Our Collection – Farmison