A light and simple starter that will compliment any meal.
- 140g Ragstone goats cheese (Can be purchased from Farmison)
- 500g Cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 6-8 Slices ciabatta bread cut diagonally
- A few handfuls of rocket
- 2 x Cloves garlic cut in half
- A slug of olive oil
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180C, Gas 4, add cherry tomatoes to roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the goats cheese in discs allowing one slice for each piece of bread.
- Half each disc and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil and balsamic, mix vigorously and add seasoning, set aside.
- Remove tomatoes from oven. When cool enough to handle, remove from vine and set aside.
- Preheat grill and toast ciabatta on one side. Remove from grill and turn bread over.
- Rub the ciabatta gently with the cut garlic and place cherry tomatoes in single layer on top.
- Then add goats cheese and place back under grill until the goats cheese is beginning to melt and is turning golden in colour.
- Remove from grill.
- Add rocket to a bowl and mix dressing through.
- Add equal portions to each plate and set the grilled ciabatta with goats cheese and tomato on top.
Gaynor’s Tip: This dish is so easy to prepare, not only as a starter but as a great lunch or supper dish. Good quality goats cheese is an absolute must for best results.