Over 27,000 5-Star Reviews ★★★★★

Free Standard Delivery Over £50! (Including Weekends)

Introduction

This pulled pork recipe is one of my Summer favourites, and also works perfect with pork rump, flat belly or my favorite cut the Norwegian pork belly.

Method

1. First off, the skin needs removing from the joint you go for, and the fat layer needs to be scored otherwise the rub and smoke will not penetrate the meat properly.
  2. Next, rub the pork joint with a dry marinade and leave for 24 hours covered in a chiller. I use a mix with a ratio of 60 /40 of smoked sea salt and light muscavado sugar, then added to this, crushed fennel seeds, coriander seeds and white peppercorns.
  3. Once marinated remove the joint from the fridge and remove excess rub and moisture.
  4. The BBQ requires a lid and the temperature needs to be set at 120°C. Once fired up, the joint needs to be sat on an indirect heat source with the lid closed. As a tip, try adding some wood to burn creating a real smoked flavor for the first stage of cooking.
  5. I cook the joint until tender and easy to pull. For this a minimum of 8 hours is required, adding a little apple juice or pale ale and basting the joint every couple of hours. Be sure to reserve the cooking juices for a little natural gravy.
  6. Once cooked rest in a warm place for an hour or so to let the flavors develop whilst building some salads and BBQ corn for a real party treat.