Serve on a disc of home made shortbread, topped with crème fraiche and toasted almonds.
- 400g Fresh figs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- 2 dessertspoons clear honey
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- Remove the stems from the figs and cut roughly into quarters
- Place in a small heavy based saucepan and add water, caster sugar, honey, lemon juice and zest
- Bring to the boil whilst stirring, reduce heat, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Turn off heat, remove lid and stir well. Allow to cool then puree using hand blender until smooth
- Place in a shallow tray and put in freezer for several hours
- Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving
Gaynor’s Tip: Serve on a disc of home made shortbread, topped with crème fraiche and toasted almonds.
Source: Resident Food Farmison Blogger Gaynor Mairs