This serves as a delicious snack with heaps of protein, great for any occasion.
- 24 x Walnuts in the shell or 160g good quality shelled walnuts
- 220g Good quality dark chocolate
- 60-70g Good quality cocoa powder
- Shell the walnuts if you’ve brought them in their shells. Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water until melted
- Sift the cocoa powder onto a shallow tray and have another tray ready
- Dip the walnuts into the melted chocolate a few at a time, then remove with a folk, tapping the side of the bowl to encourage the excess chocolate to run back into the bowl
- Now drop them into the cocoa, turning the walnuts with a clean folk and shaking the tray so they are well coated, then place them on the clean tray
- Repeat with the rest of the walnuts
- Store the coated nuts in an airtight container in a cool place and use within a week.