This dish can be served in flatbread with tzatziki and salad.
- 420g Chicken breast fillet (I used Goosnargh free range breast fillet)
- The Marinade
- 30ml Olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Level teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- (You will also need some cocktail sticks )
- Firstly prepare the chicken by cutting into bite size pieces
- Remove the inner fillet on the underside first if there is one and dice separately. ( This will keep the thickness of the pieces uniform.) You should get about 20 bite size pieces
- Set aside
- To make the marinade, add the olive oil to a bowl and mix in lemon juice, lemon zest , oregano and seasoning
- Add the mixture to the chicken and mix well
- Cover tightly with foil or cling film and leave to marinade for a couple of hours in the fridge
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and skewer the marinated chicken pieces onto cocktail sticks ensuring the stick does not pierce right through the end of the chicken
- Place under a medium grill or better still a on a skillet for 6-8 minutes turning once
- Serve or allow to cool and pack in airtight container for picnic.
Gaynor’s Tip: These are delicious cooked on the barbecue. Kids and adults alike will love them! After cooking they can be removed from sticks if desired and served in flatbreads with tzatziki and salad.